We Are the Bridge to Your Healthcare
The MVHS Patient & Family Engagement Council assists MVHS leadership and staff to enhance our patient-and-family-centered environment. Consisting of former patients and patients’ family members, leadership and staff, the Council holds monthly meetings to provide input to various areas and services at MVHS.
As a council member you will assist in providing:
- Positive change within our communities healthcare
- Assistance for new programs and services
- The promotion of constructive relationships between MVHS and the community
Examples of Council Involvement
The council has assisted MVHS in:
- Reviewing internal and external brochures including a visitor’s guide and map
- Discussing the development of a brochure related to the function, responsibilities, and proper identification of the Hospitalists
- Creating a coffee station, supervised by a volunteer, for visitors of patients in the ICU.
- Making recommendations to the Rapid Response Team that empower staff, family, and patients to request additional assistance when they have a concern about a patient’s condition
- Installation of dry erase/bulletin boards by each patient’s bed to facilitate a visual for patients/families. The boards list the name and title of the current caregivers
- Adding railings in certain areas to help prevent falls
- Adding hooks in some restroom stalls to hang personal belongings
- Involvement in current projects occurring within our hospital campuses
Members of the Council now also serve on:
- Community Design Team
- Customer Service Design Team
- Patient Safety Team
The goal is to keep Council members informed, as well as to add the voice of the Patient/Family to our various hospital work groups.
How to Become a Member
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Council?
We welcome self-motivated individuals who are interested in the decision making process at MVHS to fill out and return the membership application below.
MVHS Patient and Family Engagement Council
Volunteer Services and Guest Relations – St. Luke’s Campus
1656 Champlin Avenue
Utica, NY 13502